In the interest of ensuring the highest quality of all published scientific papers, Editors, Thematic Editors and the Scientific Council of the journal “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” at all stages of their work with the scientific texts submitted shall act as safeguards of compliance with intellectual property rights, reliability of the scientific research presented in the quarterly and shall comply with the ethical standards set by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). These standards shall provide the final and indisputable rules governing the process of reviewing and editing the submitted scientific texts. Editors, Thematic Editors and the Scientific Council of the journal “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” declare that their observance of these rules is not affected by any relationship with the corporate world. In connection with the above, the following responsibilities of all parties involved in the reviewing and publication process are hereby set out:
I. OBLIGATIONS OF REVIEWERS
Reviewers of all scientific papers submitted to the journal “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” undertake to:
1. Reliably and objectively review the scientific papers presented to them, in accordance with ethical standards and refraining from any form of unscientific criticism;
2. Make every effort to increase the resulting scholarly value of scientific articles reviewed by them;
3. Refrain from writing a review if the field of science covered by a given scientific paper submitted for review falls outside the academic competences of the reviewer in question and/or whenever there is a conflict of interest between the Author and the Reviewer;
4. Inform the Editorial staff of the journal of any violation of ethical standards in the peer-reviewed scientific papers, including primarily plagiarism and auto-plagiarism;
5. Comply with confidentiality rules applicable to all information related to the reviewing process.
II. OBLIGATIONS OF AUTHORS
Authors of all scientific papers submitted to the quarterly “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” shall:
1. Provide a declaration that all data contained in scientific papers submitted by them are original and true;
2. Confirm that the submitted scientific article has not been sent for peer-review as part of preparation for publication in another scientific journal;
3. Collaborate with the Editorial staff of the quarterly as concerns exchange of information on the review and editing process for the submitted scientific articles;
4. Disclose full information pertaining to place(s) of prior publication of a scientific text if it is a reprint in whole or in part;
5. Disclose the sources of financing of scientific research whose results are presented in the scientific papers submitted;
6. Provide the full list of authors of any article submitted;
7. Obtain required permissions and consent for publication of other elements of the scientific article covered by copyright (such as illustrations, photographs);
8. Reveal information about any potential conflict of interest that may arise during the process of peer-review and editing of the submitted scientific papers.
9. An Author’s declaration of will for their paper to be published in the journal “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” shall be taken as tantamount to providing the declaration and confirmation referred to in para.1 and 2 above.
III. OBLIGATIONS OF EDITORIAL STAFF
Members of the Editorial staff of the quarterly “Przegląd Religioznawczy – The Religious Studies Review” undertake to:
1. Make decisions about publication of all submitted scientific texts taking into account only their scientific value, regardless of origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, citizenship and political view of their Authors;
2. Make objective decisions about accepting scientific articles for publication and communicating them to Authors of scientific papers in question along with justification of the decisions;
3. Publish the reviewing rules of the scientific texts submitted to the quarterly on the journal's website;
4. Maintain complete anonymity in the process of review of scientific papers submitted and not disclose the contents of reviews provided as part of that process to any third parties;
5. Withdraw from the role of editor for a scientific text if there is a conflict of interest with its Author;
6. Inform the Authors of any suggested changes in their scientific papers, with the exception of those pertaining to layout and/or identified in proofreading.
IV. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1. If a published article is demonstrated to have involved any dishonest practices, the Editors withdraw the paper in question having contacted the author beforehand, and subsequently officially communicates the fact to the public on the journal’s website.
2. The Editors utilize the Uniform Anti-Plagiarism System provided to academic institutions by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education to support actions aimed at preventing violation of copyrights and neighbouring laws.